Wednesday, November 28, 2012

The Liebster Award, Whoop, Whoop!

The Liebster Award

I, and every other teacher blog in a three thousand mile radius got nominated for the Liebster Award! This award is given to new bloggers with 200 followers or less. It is supposed to bring recognition and support to all the new bloggers out there.
 
And the rules are:
1. Post 11 random things about yourself
2. Answer the questions the nominator set for you
3. Create 11 questions for your nominees.
4. Choose 11 other blogs with fewer than 200 followers to nominate and link them to your post.
5. Leave a comment on this post if you were nominated so I can learn more about you and see who you nominate.


11 Random Things About Me!
  1. I have been to over 15 different countries!
  2. Once upon a time, I played 3 instruments- saxaphone, piano and guitar.
  3. My baby brother and dad are both in Afghanistan.  
  4. I really love to write, I want to publish a children's book.
  5. Heaven to me- a really good book, a fuzzy blanket and a warm cup of Earl Grey Tea.
  6. I was in New Mexico Allstate Choir in 2002.
  7. I met my husband at a rock concert- I was the radio intern and he was the video editor.
  8. My mom and husband both teach 8th grade social studies.
  9. I have an adorable 9 month old baby boy who cut 8 teeth in two months (catching our breaths!)
  10. I lived in Germany for 4 years while my dad was stationed over there.
  11. My favorite time of year is spring, when the world is waking up and coming back to life. It is fresh and beautiful!

Christina's Questions to me:

 1 - If you could be any animal for one day what animal would you be and why?
A lion, so that I could lay around and sleep and no one would think anything of it!
2 - What is your favorite flower?
I love peonies! They are classic beauties!
3 - What is your favorite pizza toppings?
Bacon and Green olives, and no I am not pregnant!
4 - What is your favorite childhood television show?
Winnie the Pooh and Dumbo's Circus
5 - What do you like to do on a day off?
Go to the Art Museum and my back yard garden
6- When at work- make up or no makeup?  
Make up! Don't want to scare the kids!
7 - Disney World or Disney Land?
Disneyland- Paris!
8 - When you were a kid did you always want to be a teacher?
No, I wanted to be a writer, a gymnast, a physical therapist and a number of other things. :)
9 - What is your favorite song?
Tough one! I guess if I had to choose one-
Everything By Lifehouse
10 - If you were stranded on a deserted island what three things would you want to have with you?
Water, sunscreen, a fast, well-fueled motor boat!
11  If you could choose to speak with any one person - dead or alive - who would it be and why?
Stumper! Daniel, from the Bible, he had amazing will-power, that is a character trait that I would love to have more of!

My Questions to the Nominees:

1. What is the coolest thing you have ever done?

2. What is your favorite day of the year and why?

3. What is your favorite part of speech?

4. Biggest pet peeve as a teacher?

5. If you could have one wish granted, what would it be?

6. What inspired you to start a blog?

7. What did you dream of when you were a child?

8. What is your favorite kind of cookie?

9. What is your dream vacation?

10. How many years have you been teaching?

11. Who was your most inspiring teacher and why?

And the nominees are:
Ok lovely teacher friends, I have been hunting around for a blog that has not been nominated yet, and it looks like you all (translation: Ya'll, Yuns), got hit already. If you did not and you would like to hop in on the fun, send me a message and I'll hit you up.

For all those nominated make sure that you copy and paste the above instructions and my questions to you on your blog. Don't forget to leave me a comment when you are done!

 
Happy Friday Eve!
 
Love,
Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment